1. Why study Italian in La Spezia?
- Because La Spezia and the surrounding area have much to offer visitors: easy access to the sea, beautiful landscapes, archaeological and historical sites and excellent local food;
- because La Spezia offers many cultural activities such as a variety of interesting museums and has become a tourist resort; the town is twinned with Bayreuth;
- because from La Spezia you can easily travel to cultural cities such as Genoa, Pisa, Lucca and Florence, you can reach the Cinque Terre, the Carrara marble quarries and smaller but very interesting places such as the Ligurian hill towns, for example the medioeval Varese Ligure;
- because our Cultural Association, having earned a reputation for itself teaching German actively for over 40 years, considers teaching Italian its "second vocation";
- because our Italian courses are held by qualified teachers who make a point of meeting the learning needs of their students.
2. Our language courses
A 15-hour/week intensive course
3 hours of tuition a day from Mondays to Fridays;
The course is available at beginners' level and intermediate level.
Personalised individual tuition is also available at higher levels.
Minimum 5 students
Teaching method and organisation
The main goal of our school is to teach spoken Italian as used in daily life. Grammar is taught only by the inductive method, in the context of realistic communication settings. Groups include from a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 12 students. Each 'hour' of lesson lasts 45 minutes.
Another aspect that is key to us is to enable you to experience life in Italy and in our area in particular.
15-hour intensive course: 270.00 Euros
The price includes all the course material.
Discounts are applied to groups of at least 10 students enrolling together.
Individual tuition based on the standard Italian course is available all year round at 25.00 Euros per lesson hour (45 minutes) for beginners and intermediate level students. On request, special courses (e.g. business Italian or for the tourist sector) can be provided. An ad hoc curriculum can be chosen to meet students' specific needs. Prices to be agreed upon. Our language courses are intended mainly for adults.
Terms of payment
Students should pay 20% of the course fees on enrolling. The balance is due no later than the evening of the day of arrival, when an ACIT representative will welcome the participants and collect the remaining 80% of the course fees.
Cassa di Risparmio della Spezia - Agenzia A, Piazza Verdi 43,
I-19121 La Spezia
Students must make their own arrangements for accommodation.
La Spezia offers a variety of accommodation from farmhouses, B&Bs to hostels in the town and in surrounding areas.
These are some useful web sites:
4. Contact us / Enrolment
School Secretary Office (closed from June to mid-September)
Address: Via Manin 27, I-19121 La Spezia
Please contact us by e-mail: